This is the documentation for S4 0.6.0. For previous versions, please refer to the wiki
S4 (Simple Scalable Streaming System) is a general-purpose, distributed, scalable, fault-tolerant, pluggable platform that allows programmers to easily develop applications for processing continuous, unbounded streams of data.
- You may start with an overview of the platform
- Then follow a walkthrough for an hands-on introduction
- Complement with a look at a topic trending application using Twitter data
- And here are some tips to ease the development process
Commands for creating, running and managing applications
Monitor the system
- Questions can be asked through the mailing lists
- The source code is available through git, here are instructions for fetching the code.
- A nice set of slides was used for a presentation at Stanford in November 2011.
- The driving ideas are detailed in a conference publication from KDCloud’11
- You can also watch the video of a presentation given at LinkedIn.