How do I edit this website?
The pages on this website are written in markdown syntax and stored in SVN at
Via integration with the Apache CMS, it is possible to edit, stage and publish
website updates from the command line, or by using a web-based interface.
Detailed information can be found in the How to edit the ODF website page.
Information on deeper website development is found on the Website Development page.
I've just been voted in as a Committer. What do I need to do?
First, congratulations. Your contributions to the project have been noted and we
hope that as a Committer you will be even more active.
But before you are officially given Committer permissions, there are a few
administrative steps that you will need to complete.
- Submit a signed ICLA to Apache.
- Wait for the ICLA to be received and recorded by Apache. You will know
when this has occurred when your name appears in the Unlisted ICLAs section
on the Apache Committers page. This could take a couple of days, longer if you
submitted the ICLA via post.
- Once the your ICLA has been recorded, you should send a note to the PPMC
and request an Apache account. You will want to include your full name and email address,
as you entered in the ICLA, as well as your preferred userid. Please check first
that your preferred userid is not already in use by another Apache Committer.
- Once your Apache account has been created, you will receive an email with
further instructions for setting up your account. This may take a couple of days.
- If you were also voted as a PPMC member, you should then subscribe to the
PPMC's private mailing list.
- Finally, you should read the "Guide for new committers"
How do I use Apache Subversion?
Instructions can be found on the Subversion Basics page.