Creating and Submitting a Patch
Please follow the steps below in order to contribute your changes to Apache Nuvem
- Check out the latest version of source code from Subversion. If you have a version checked out already, do a fresh update before you make your changes.
- Please do a full build with all tests enabled . Try the following :
- Confirm that the problem is actually fixed and include a test case in the patch where possible.
- Generate a patch by issuing the following command from Nuvem trunk directory.
svn diff File >> patchfile.patch
Please try to give your patch files meaningful names. This helps the developer who applies a number of different patches. A recommendation is to use the JIRA issue number as part of patch file name. For example
svn diff File >> File312.patch
In this example, the number 312 is a JIRA issue number associated with this patch.
- Add your patch file as an attachment to the JIRA issue that it is fixing.
Please include detailed steps to reproduce the problem in the issue description so that the patch can be properly verified after it is applied.
Thank you! Your patch will be picked up for review.
Copyright © 2010, The Apache Software Foundation Apache Nuvem is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Incubator PMC. Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.