Release Notes for NPanday 1.4.0-incubating
NPanday .NET Build Tool 1.4.0-incubating release is now available for download.
The NPanday FAQs provides answers to common questions regarding NPanday .NET Build Tool.
New in NPanday 1.4.0-incubating
Visual Studio 2010 and .Net 4.0 Framework support
NPanday support for VS 2010 and Net 4.0 Framework.
Removal of UAC and PAB directories
UAC and PAB directories were removed thus making NPanday more maven-like.
Known issues in NPanday 1.4.0-incubating
- NPANDAY-234 Visual Studio Addin only works for english Visual Studio versions.
Changes in NPanday 1.4.0-incubating
Date staged: 05 May 2011
- NPANDAY-69 NPanday needs to be more synchronized and automated
- NPANDAY-83 do not hide originating exceptions
- NPANDAY-186 Remove the uac and pab directories
- NPANDAY-123 PATH should not have to be set for both Visual Studio AddIn or mvn command-line to function
- NPANDAY-239 VS Add-In messes up settings.xml
- NPANDAY-277 NPanday.Plugin.Runner and Loader are not installed to UAC
- NPANDAY-288 Support for VS 2010 and .NET Framework 4.0
- NPANDAY-290 Improve console output for integration tests
- NPANDAY-314 Adding a Maven artifact from VS plugin generates NPANDAY-180-017 error
- NPANDAY-316 Trying to import WPF-project on 64-bit system (VS 2008) throws FileLoadException
- NPANDAY-325 Additional parameters for wix-maven-plugin
- NPANDAY-326 misc. improvements
- NPANDAY-328 Support for VS2010 WPF Project
- NPANDAY-329 Support for VS2010 WCF Project
- NPANDAY-330 Support for VS2010 MVC Project
- NPANDAY-333 Dependecy of type 'gac' is not resolved correclty
- NPANDAY-334 Update Integration Tests in relation with the UAC & PAB removal enhancements
- NPANDAY-335 NPanday on Visual Studio only starts on Debug Mode
- NPANDAY-336 Add Integration Tests for VS 2010 supported projects (WPF, WCF and MVC)
- NPANDAY-337 NPanday unusable under linux
- NPANDAY-339 Npanday.Plugin size 0 in repo
- NPANDAY-341 command execution fails if paths with space
- NPANDAY-342 deploy sources artifacts to npanday asset repo
- NPANDAY-343 Can't successfully build projects (VS 2005 and VS 2008) - Build Error due to Access is denied
- NPANDAY-347 compile fails on unix if sources in subfolder
- NPANDAY-348 Import Error when importing WPF projects in VS 2010 on a 64-bit system
- NPANDAY-349 NPanday not building resource files correctly
- NPANDAY-351 NPanday does not respect the configured repository in the pom
- NPANDAY-354 Addin 'resync references' feature fails if using remote repositories but there is no 'mirrors' section in Settings.xml file.
- NPANDAY-355 Addin 'resync references' feature hard-wires ''http://repo1.maven.org/maven2' as remote repository causing network security violations.
- NPANDAY-356 Addin 'resync references' feature fails to download latest SNAPSHOT from remote repo if older snapshot file already exists locally.
- NPANDAY-357 Add 'deploy' option to 'Current NPanday Project' menu options
- NPANDAY-360 Local Repository not displaying correct artifacts from the local repository
- NPANDAY-361 Configurable .M2 Folder and npanday-settings.xml lookup
- NPANDAY-362 npanday-settings.xml in local repository is not overwritten on a new install of npanday.
- NPANDAY-363 Service Reference is not deleted from pom when removing it in the project
- NPANDAY-366 Getting "The input line is too long" when NPanday tries to generate the npanday-settings.xml (was "cannot build a project")
- NPANDAY-367 Building a project that contains a maven artifact from a remote repository generates a new .m2groupId folder
- NPANDAY-373 Custom Lifecycle Plugin does not bind the produced artifact
- NPANDAY-376 Intermittent error caused by updating npanday-settings.xml
- NPANDAY-377 released registry-config.xml contains a hardcoded path
- NPANDAY-378 malformed npanday-settings.xml should fail the build
- NPANDAY-379 Exception not caught properly when default path for npanday-settings.xml is used
- NPANDAY-380 IndexOutOfRangeExcpetion in SettingsGeneratorMojo.GetVendorsFromMicrosoft
- NPANDAY-381 Missing SVN EOL properties
- NPANDAY-383 update groupID to org.apache.npanday
- NPANDAY-385 [regression introduced by 186] JavaBindings-Generator for .NET-Mojos is fragile (and not working for NPanday.Plugin.SettingsGenerator)
- NPANDAY-386 Support Maven 3 and enable bootstraping NPanday using itself (within the same reactor)
- NPANDAY-387 Improve the checking of the mirror repos in Reference.cs for artifact resync
- NPANDAY-394 "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" message is shown when reimporting project with references unavailable in remote repo
- NPANDAY-396 Improved Documentation
- NPANDAY-397 NPanday adds 'maven-test-plugin' configuration to pom file based on NUnit.Framework reference in project and not based on test project selected in Project Unit Tests window
- NPANDAY-398 [regression introduced by 186] MojoGenerator can't generate .NET-Mojos referencing a newer NPanday.Plugin.dll
- NPANDAY-400 Mono missing system libraries references during compilation
- NPANDAY-401 Mono compiler does not support explicit frameworkVersion 3.5
- NPANDAY-407 Wrong Unit test (on Mac) for status return from "command not found"
- NPANDAY-412 Execuable path for Windows 7 SDK is not auto-detected when npanday-settings.xml is generated, resgen.exe not found
- NPANDAY-416 MVN 2.2.1: Tests in projects whose paths contains spaces fails: Reason: maven-test-plugin resolves to plexus-utils:1.1
- NPANDAY-417 Take explicit dependency to plexus-utils in a newer version to override the built-in dependency to plexus-utils 1.1 in MVN < 3 (improves cmd-line handling)
- NPANDAY-419 Targeting .NET 3.5 does not work when Compact Framework is not installed
- NPANDAY-424 Bind concrete versions of npanday-plugins in npandays lifecycles
New in NPanday 1.2
Improved type names available
Improved type names available (dotnet-library, etc.), and previous types are deprecated (library, etc.)
MSI-based installer for the Visual Studio Addin and Maven plugins
MVC project type support
The Visual Studio Addin now creates POMs for project using MVC.
Rewrite of documentation to be more complete.
- Most previous project packaging and dependency types have been deprecated in favour of more specific dotnet-* alternatives. For more information, see Available Project Types.