If you are new to Apache and open source and would like to learn more about how to work in open source, check this page.
Allura is very welcoming of contributions in all areas - documentation, source code, bug fixes, UI enhancements, or general feedback. Some of the ways you can get involved are:
- Subscribe to the mailing lists. If you are interested in getting involved at the user level, subscribe to the user mailing list. If you are interested in the development of Allura, then subscribe to the developer list.
- Help answer questions posted to the user mailing list for areas that you are familiar with. Your user experience can be very valuable to other users as well as developers on the project.
- Contribute to feature development. Just let the community know what you would like to work on. It is as easy as that.
- Identify tickets in the area that you are interested and provide patches.
The source is maintained in Apache's Git repo. Information to the project source code is available here.
- Provide Feedback: What is working well? What is not? Any help is good. Be part of the community.